Senior Developer : Full-time, Permanent
Dorset Creative are looking for a senior developer to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with our team on projects in VR, cloud based software, mobile app and web development.
If you would like more information, call the office today on 01202 237899.
Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities
The right candidate will be an integral part of projects embarked upon by the Dorset Creative team. This will include working alongside other developers, designers and digital artists to produce high quality, digital products and services.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop user interfaces by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout the development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products.
- Complete application development by working with architects and projects team; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Progressively update knowledge by researching new web technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Advise and contribute on feasibility and timescales during project tendering and planning stages.
- Enhance organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Carry out online research for new projects and monitor changes in the marketplace to ensure good understanding of industry news, trends and best digital practices.
This is an outline Job Description and employees are expected to undertake other duties as directed.
- WordPress development skills including theme and plugin development. Experience using builder tools a bonus.
- Front end skills (Sass/JS) and frameworks
- Experience working with PHP 7 and MySQL databases
- Be used to the MVC development pattern and frameworks such as Laravel.
- Comfortable working within terminal command-line tools and Linux servers
- Understanding of digital security principles and best practice.
- Experience with web-based API integrations such as REST and SOAP.
- Understanding of build tools such as Composer/NPM/Yarn etc.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team and to take ownership of tasks and communicate progress and difficulties.
- Experience using project management tools such as Asana and Kanban style task tracking.
What you will get in return?
- Circa £45k+
- 20 days of bookable holiday plus bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Opportunity to work as a key part of a multidisciplinary production team creating emerging technology across various sectors including medical and energy
- Relaxed working environment
- Modern, creative workspace in BH1
- Great tea and coffee
Job posted end October 2020.