“It’s estimated that by the end of 2013 most people will be accessing websites and web services from mobile devices rather than desktop pcs or laptops.”
— Google 2013
So this begs the question, are you ready for mobile?
In today’s ever expanding mobile marketplace, decreased living space and remote working, people are ditching their heavy laptops and cumbersome desktop computers in favour of cloud storage and tiny mobiles and tablets. It’s not surprising though, when we look at the figures below:
- 81% use their mobile device to browse the internet
- 50% of mobile product searches lead to a purchase
- More than 95% of smart phone users have searched for local information
- 61% of mobile users call the businesses they find online
- 59% will visit the location of the business
- 90% of these people will act within 24 hours
Customers are wanting to access the information they’re after immediately. They want it in seconds, not minutes. If your website is not mobile ready, customers simply press the ‘back’ button and visit your competitors instead.
Your website may be viewable on mobile devices but this doesn’t necessarily mean that it is mobile ready. Mobile sites are specially designed to work with all types of mobile devices. As a business owner, you should offer a dedicated or fully optimised experience, to ensure you facilitate the best environment to maximise your sales.
If you want to do a quick test, ask yourself the following questions about your businesses website:
- Is your website compatible and viewable on all types of mobile devices?
- Is your navigation simple & easy to use (and what about for touch screens)?
- Does your website load in less than 8 seconds on a mobile device?
- Are your contact details easily viewable on every page?
- Is your website built on a responsive html5 framework?
- Can the mobile user quickly find your number to contact you by phone?
If you answered no to any of those questions, you should seriously consider updating your website for mobile. It is no longer enough just to have a website, it must be mobile-ready. As a smart business owner you must go where the people are – and the people are going mobile.
If you would like a free mobile website review, contact us today on 0800 6128 918 or email email@example.com